Service for Disabled Customers
The Solid Waste Services provides Special Collection Assistance Service to residents who are both temporarily or permanently disabled and unable to set out their garbage carts for pickup and have no one living with them to assist.
- No one else living or employed (part or full time) in the household is capable of placing the garbage cart at the curb.
- A licensed U.S. physician must certify the resident's disability is of a nature that prevents the resident from setting the garbage at the curb.
- Application must be re-submitted annually from the date of original application. Failure to do so will result in discontinuance of special assistance service.
- Applicant authorizes City personnel to enter their private property for the purpose of providing waste collection service.
Enclosed is an "Application for Special Collection Service." Please ensure that the form is completed and signed by the appropriate individual(s).
- Please complete the "Applicant Information" and "Statement of Disability and Household Occupancy" sections.
- Forward the entire form to your physician.
- The physician shall ensure that all the "Physician Disability Statement" section is completed and signed.
- Please mail completed white copy of application to:
Solid Waste Services
Attention: Customer Service
P.O. Box 1965
Laredo, TX 78044-1965
5.Physician(s) may retain Pink Copy for their records.
6.Applicant (resident) may retain Yellow Copy for their records.
The City will verify application information and notify you of eligibility. If you have any questions or need more information, please call 795-2510.
Guidelines for Eligibility Form Appication for Service